ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES
The SE will be responsible for the following duties. Occasionally, the Sales Engineer may be assigned other responsibilities at the direction of management
- Provide pre-sales technical support
- Provide technical product presentations and demonstrations
- Lead efforts to design and deliver customized solutions to meet customers' needs
- Work directly with customers in the sales and account management process
- Manage and provide technical support for pre-sales product evaluations
- Insure customer satisfaction through proper expectation setting
- Provide problem escalation in a timely manner when required
- Provide feedback on features, issues, trends, and other product or market related concerns that affect product sales and acceptance
- Work with Technical Support when required to provide post-sale support
- Preferred knowledge in common data center policies and procedures.
- Travel required
Knowledge & Skills
- Pre-sales support
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure, High Performance Computing, or Storage and equivalent competitive offerings desirable
- Experience with SAN, NAS, Object Storage, storage management or networking
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, Windows Server/HyperV, VMware or other Operating Systems
- Strong individual and group presentation skills
- Very good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-starter – good internal motivation for self-directed time and activities
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent
- Bachelors degree or equivalent post-high school education or experience
- A degree or certificate in computer science or a related field
WORKING CONDITIONSThe Sales group is located on the first floor of our building. Work will be conducted in an air conditioned, non-smoking environment. Each employee has their own desk equipped with a workstation and additional hardware as deemed necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThis position requires frequent sitting with occasional standing and walking. Heavy (6+ hours/day) computer/telephone use. High levels of stress may occur. Average vision and hearing is sufficient.
COMPENSATIONCompetitive salary, DOE. Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.
Any interested applicants should send a resume (links to HTML versions are also acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.Silicon Mechanics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and E-Verify participant.